Thursday, January 15, 2009

Windows 7 Calculator

Unbelievable. I started looking around in Win7 Beta and found that for the first time since Windows 98 and NT4, (and possibly earlier) someone was assigned to work on improving Calculator. OK, so what...

The standard and scientific modes have both undergone minor facelifts with some of the buttons renamed and grouped better. But the big changes are the addition of two new modes: Programmer and Statistics. Obviously I'm drawn to the Programmer mode because I need to see bits in my work with packets in NetScanTools Pro. There is a cool binary display below the normal display where you can easily visualize what's in the bytes. Changes to this have been long overdue and I will definitely be using the Programmer mode once I jump by development machine from XP to Windows 7.

No comments: